Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Male Cards a Go-Go


http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.ca/2012/05/mim-88-with-bugaboo-stamps.html - Anything Goes
http://thestampmanchallenges.blogspot.ca/2012/05/your-favorite-technique.html -Your Favourite technique
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.ca/2012/05/challenge-109-torn-or-distressed-edges.html -Torn or distressed edges

I have missed a few challenges and these were made with them in mind. 2 had a male themed challenge but it so happened that I wanted to use my favourite technique that I haven't used in a while which works out! The top card I used my brayer and rolled the colour on which is called Autumn. I stamped in black dye the image. I used the cuddlebug which I also love for the green paper and mounted it on the nice brown paper and finished it off with gold trim. When I took the picture the flash just seemed to hit the right spot eh?? The 2nd card I used my cuddlebug to cut out the nestibilities design. I then used my stencil with grapes and covered it with paste which creates a 3d layer. I coloured it with pastel chalks. I used, as almost always, the trim on the edges. Oh yeah I also distressed the inner card  for an aged look. It makes me think of wine..let me dream.....I entered these challenges for the anything goes challenge for Make It Monday and My Favourite Technique for the Stampman Challenge and Craft Your Passion which I hope you do see the distressed look, or I shall be distressed:). There are so many techniques I love.... hard to choose

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards! I really love the sunset scene you created on the first one. The colors are beautiful.



    I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m number 70)

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the corners! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week! For a chance at a second prize, don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coloring and details are really gorgeous.

    Thanks for dropping by Brigit. It's great to meet you in bloggyland.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this with us at our Craft Your Passion Challenge this week. It was great to see all your work. Play with us again soon and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Birgit, I particularly like the top one with the brayering.
    Thank you for entering the challenge at The Stampman with your favourite technique.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete