Monday, November 7, 2011

Christmas cards for October...in November















Yes I am late for http://www.christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.com. In October one was to use Halloween colours in the cards-Green, Black, Orange and Purple with cut outs or so..OK I am going from memory and it is after 11pm here and I should be in bed...Well I missed the October challenge by a week for that site...why? I was going to post this on Halloween day but that was a day of hell. It started off where I wanted to find out information on early pension plan. I spent over a half hour on the phone and never spoke to one person. I wanted to check my banking...and "Fraud" came up after i got into my banking. I called the bank who had to promptly cancel my card and credit card as there was a virus on my computer at work. I had to call our computer guy who had to fix my computer. I was wondering why i couldn't reach my husband at home...answer-the men working on our road tore our cable off and we had no phone, TV or internet. They also did some damge to the wiring so they have to get this taken care of too. My mom was beside herself and we had to keep telling her every 10 minutes why she has no cable(she has dementia). I had to watch my Dancing With The Stars..It is my favourite show and I called my friend(using my old cell phone that i rarely use) and he said no problems in coming over to watch it. I get into the car...and it doesn't work-not a peep! I was, how should I say, slightly upset, so i walked to his place...took a good half hour but I got there. Our cable got hooked back up on Wed. and i got my banking taken care of but what a day. Needless to say I just did not have any energy to place my cards on until now. The Angel card I used my new favourite which are the prisma pencils and the other cards I used my cuddlebug to cut them out and also to emboss which I had to get the hang of so I had to do it in 2 stages. I think they didn't turn out too badly and I still ended up using glitter..Glitter is always good on a "rainy" day.










5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a rough day. If it's any consolation - I love your new batch of cards...particularly that stunning black and white creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING cards Brigit.. I do LOVE the Black and white one.. Saw them on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations!
    Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Don't forget that to win this week's fabulous prize, just leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw it on MIM! The more comments left, the greater your chances of winning! Good luck!
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards, the shiny papers are beautiful! So nice to see you at MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards!! Thank you so much for playing along with this months Christmas Challenge over at ABC DT Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete